Last Updated on May 19, 2023
With the modern development of human society, determined taboos and forbidden subjects came approval in specific parts of the world. However, the prohibition of marijuana seems to be taking a different turn since many countries and states started legalizing this controversial herb.
However, this is not a universal case since some countries still consider marijuana toxic. We do not practice illegal activities, but I’m sure that certain parts of society would like to keep marijuana smoking a secret, which can be hard since your eyes turn red when high.
Regular stoners and the whole weed community know how much marijuana and weed smoke can impact the eyes. Besides the apparent redness and itchiness, some smokers don’t feel comfortable in public when high since a simple glance in their eyes can give them away.
Why Do Your Eyes Turn Red When Smoking Weed?
When you smoke weed, your eyes can turn red for a few different reasons:
- THC, the primary psychoactive component in cannabis, can cause blood vessels in the eyes to dilate, resulting in redness and increased blood flow to the eyes.
- Cannabis smoke can irritate the eyes and cause them to become red and inflamed.
- Smoking cannabis can also cause dry eyes, leading to redness and irritation.
- Some people may be more susceptible to red eyes after smoking weed due to individual differences in their physiology and sensitivity to the effects of THC.
- The method of consumption can also play a role – smoking joints, blunts, or bowls may produce more smoke and, therefore, more eye irritation compared to vaping or consuming edibles.
The strain of cannabis can also affect the likelihood of red eyes. Some strains are more likely to cause redness than others, and some individuals may be more sensitive to certain strains.
Why Should You Use Eye Drops?
Besides that noticeable redness that happens when you smoke marijuana, itchiness and dryness can be pretty inconvenient. According to the smoking community, some experts recommend consuming chocolate or caffeine, but it’s safe to say that eye drops are the best and easiest solution.1. Clear Eyes-Maximum Redness Relief Eye Drops
One of the most prevalent eyes drops online in different packages. The most economical set includes three bottles at a relatively low price. The description and user reviews state that this specific brand offers fast relief, gets rid of dryness, itchiness, and any burning sensation for up to 12 hours. Besides the instant effect, it is said that these eyedrops help treat further irritations, and no prescription is needed.
6 Best Eyedrops For Stoners To Treat Red Eyes
Below is the list of best-reviewed eye drops out there, designed to relieve your eyes and treat that (sometimes) annoying redness.
1. Clear Eyes – Maximum Redness Relief Eye Drops
This is one of the most prevalent eye drops available online in different packages. The most economical set includes three bottles at a relatively low price.
The description and user review state that this brand offers fast relief and helps to get rid of dryness, itchiness, and burning sensations for up to 12 hours. Besides the instant effect, it is said that these eyedrops help treat further irritations, and no prescription is needed.
- Provides fast relief from red, irritated eyes
- It can last up to 8 hours
- Comes in a convenient and portable bottle
- It contains a moisturizing agent to prevent dryness
- It contains preservatives that can irritate some people’s eyes
- Should not be used more than 4 times a day
2. Rohto Maximum Redness Relief Eye Drop
The next in line when it comes to best-reviewed eye drops are from the brand Rohto. Their product offers a fast and active formula that completely whitens your eyes and relieves you of any dryness or itching sensations. However, it is essential to say that these eye drops are only a temporary solution and are only active for up to 8 hours.
- Quickly and effectively reduce redness
- A unique cooling formula that can provide a refreshing and soothing sensation
- Relieve dryness and discomfort in the eyes
- Drops can cause temporary blurring of vision
- Suitable for people with certain eye conditions or allergies
3. Lumify Redness Reliever Eye Drops
Lumify offers an out-of-the-box product since these eye drops take effect immediately ( 1 minute) and last up to 8 hours. They contain an active ingredient- brimonidine, making their product one of a kind since it’s FDA-approved.
As all eye drops out there, Lumify Redness Reliever offers instant relief, clarifies your eyes, and stops any unpleasant feeling related to your eyes.
- Provide quick relief to redness
- Drops are FDA-approved
- Minimal side effects
- Cause rebound redness
4. Rohto Ice All-In-One – Multi-Symptom Relief Cooling Eye Drops
Another product from Rohto, but these specific eye drops include eight symptom relaxants: redness, itchiness, burning, irritation, dryness, and gritty, watery, and stinging eyes.
Besides these apparent effects shown on the packaging, this product is differentiated from other similar products because of its cooling ability. Their effective action starts immediately and lasts up to 8 hours.
- Provide relief for a variety of eye symptoms
- Provide quick relief for dry or irritated eyes
- Providing long-lasting relief
- Have a strong scent that can be overpowering for some people
- Some people may experience stinging or burning in the eyes
5. Bausch + Lomb Opcon Eye Drops – A Antihistamine and Redness Reliever
Bausch + Lomb is a brand with a long tradition of over 150 years. Although their eye drops are specially designed to fight allergies, the stoner community reports decent reviews for using them for marijuana-induced eye redness.
Bausch + Lomb eye drops are preservative-free and present a certified product; whether you are experiencing redness, itchiness, or a burning sensation, Bausch + Lomb eye drops are preservative-free and offer an accredited product.
- Contains an antihistamine and a vasoconstrictor to reduce swelling and inflammation
- Relief within minutes of using the drops.
- Available for over-the-counter use
- Cause temporary stinging or burning in the eyes
- Can cause rebound redness if used too frequently
6. Similasan Computer Eye Relief Eye Drops
Similisan Eye Drops are made with a Swiss formula based on natural ingredients and can be used as often as needed.
This brand is leading in the European market primarily because it offers instant relief from any itchiness, redness, tiredness, dryness, and burning sensation you may be experiencing from too much screen time or marijuana use.
- Provides relief for eye strain caused by extended computer use
- Easy to apply and administer
- May not be effective for more serious eye conditions
- Can cause temporary blurred vision after application
How Often Should You Apply Eye Drops Per Day?
The frequency of eye drop usage varies depending on the type of eye drops and your specific eye condition. It is important to follow the product label instructions or consult an eye doctor for personalized guidance.
When Do You Need To Put in Eyedrops Before or After Smoking?
Get clear, refreshed eyes in no time! Apply eye drops 20 minutes before smoking weed. The active ingredients work magic, giving you a clear-eyed, enhanced experience.
You don’t have to worry about red, irritated eyes if you enjoy smoking weed. Eye drops are a simple solution that can provide quick relief and leave your eyes looking clear and refreshed in just minutes.
However, not all eye drop brands are created equal, and reactions can vary from person to person. So, it’s important to do your research, find the best option for your eyes, and consult with your healthcare provider to ensure safe and effective use. With the right eye drops, you can enjoy your favourite herb without any noticeable side effects.