Do you like to smoke marijuana? If so, you’re probably looking for ways to make the experience even better. One way to do that is by learning how to roll a joint. That’s why at Cannalyft, we’ve put together this blog post that will teach you everything you need to know in order to achieve perfection every time.
We’ll cover everything from choosing the right cannabis strains, to preparing your rolling surface, to forming the perfect joint. So whether you’re a beginner or a pro, read on for all the tips and tricks you need to roll the perfect joint!
What is a Cannabis Joint?
A cannabis joint is a hand-rolled cigarette filled with marijuana. Rolling joints is the most popular way to consume cannabis, as it’s relatively easy to do and doesn’t require any special equipment.
However, this does not mean that rolling joints is effortless. Many patients who are new with cannabis find it difficult to roll a joint. The good news is that with a little bit of practice, anyone can master the art of joint rolling.
How Much Weed Is In a Joint?
The amount of weed that you put in your joint is entirely up to you. However, most people tend to use between 0.5 and 1 gram of cannabis per joint.
If you’re new to smoking marijuana, we recommend starting with a smaller amount of weed (0.25 grams) so that you can gauge how strong the effects.
Gather Your Rolling Supplies
The first step to rolling joints is to gather all of your supplies. You’ll need:
- Cannabis strain(s) of your choice
- Rolling papers
- Filter papers (optional)
- Scissors (optional)
- Rolling tray (optional)
Choosing the Right Cannabis Strain
When it comes to rolling a joint, the type of cannabis you use is important. Different strains will produce different effects, so you’ll want to choose one that suits your needs.
If you’re looking for a relaxing experience, try a strain like indica. For something more energizing, go for a sativa. And if you want something in between, try a hybrid. Browse our variety of cannabis flowers to find a perfect match for you!
Once you’ve chosen your strain, it’s time to prepare your rolling surface. This can be any flat surface like a table or rolling tray. Just make sure it’s clean and smooth so your joint will roll up easily.
Choosing the Right Rolling Paper
Now that you’ve chosen your cannabis strain and prepared your rolling surface, it’s time to select your rolling paper. There are many different papers available on the market, so it’s important to choose one that suits your needs.
For example, if you’re looking for a thinner paper that burns slowly, try an rice paper. If you want a thick paper that doesn’t tear easily, go for a flax paper.
And if you’re looking for something in between, try a hemp paper. Hemp papers are typically the most popular amongst cannabis connoisseurs.
Different Size Rolling Papers
Once you’ve chosen your rolling paper, it’s time to select the size. Rolling papers come in a variety of sizes, so you can choose one that’s right for you.
If you’re rolling a regular joint for yourself, a 1.25 size paper will do. But if you’re sharing with friends, you may want to go for king size papers. Whatever you choose will depend on your personal preference and tolerance to cannabis flower.
Cannalyft’s Favourite Rolling Papers
With so many brands of rolling papers to choose from, it can be hard to know where to start. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Here are our three favourite brands of rolling papers:
- Raw Rolling Papers – Raws are made from 100% pure hemp, so they’re natural and eco-friendly. They’re also thin and slow-burning, making them perfect for a smooth smoking experience.
- Elements Rolling Papers – These papers are made from a blend of rice and wood pulp, so they’re extra durable and slow-burning. Plus, they come in a variety of fun designs, so you can add a little personality to your joint.
- Pure Hemp Rolling Papers – These papers are made from 100% pure hemp, so they’re natural, eco-friendly, and thin. They also have a natural gum line that makes them easy to roll.
Using a Joint Roller
If you want to avoid the headache of learning how to roll a joint, you can always use a rolling machine. Joint rollers are devices that make it easy to roll perfect straight cylinder joints every time.
All you need to do is insert your cannabis, rolling paper, and filter (if using), then let the machine do the rest. In fact, joint rolling machines have changed the rolling game since they’ve come to market. If you would like to learn more, check out our guide for how to use a joint roller.
Joint rollers come in a variety of sizes, so you can choose one that’s right for you. For example, if you’re rolling a normal joint, you’ll want a size 1 roller. But if you’re sharing with friends, you may want to go for a size 2 or 3 roller.
Tips for Rolling the Perfect Joint
Once you’ve chosen your paper, it’s time to start rolling! Here are some tips to help you achieve the perfect joint:
- Use a filter: This will help to prevent your joint from getting too skinny and prevent the cannabis from entering your mouth.
- Be generous with the cannabis: You want to fill your joint so it’s nice and packed, but not so full that it’s difficult to roll.
- Roll it tight: This will help to ensure your joint burns evenly and keeps it from falling apart.
These tips are important to ensuring that you roll the perfect joint every time. So be sure to follow them and enjoy your smoking experience!
How to Roll a Joint
If you don’t have a joint roller, don’t worry – you can still roll a joint by hand. Now that you’ve chosen your cannabis strain, prepared your rolling surface, and selected your rolling paper, it’s time to roll the perfect joint!
The joint rolling process is often considered an art form and will require practice in order to roll a proper joint. Just follow these simple steps and you’ll be smoking like a pro in no time.
Step 1 – Grind your cannabis
Start by grinding your cannabis. You can use your hands, scissors or a grinder.
Step 2 – Prepare your filter
Start by placing your rolling paper on your rolling surface. Then, add your filter to one end of the paper.
Step 3 – Fill your rolling paper
Next, add your ground weed to the paper. How much weed you add is entirely up to you. Be sure to evenly distribute it so that the joint is nice and evenly spread.
Step 4 – Pack your joint!
After you fill your paper, use your index finger and pack the cannabis down lightly. This will help to avoid a loose roll and provide a more even burn.
Once your joint is packed, it’s time to start rolling! Start by rolling the paper up from the bottom, making sure to keep it tight – this will ensure an even burn during the smoking process.
Step 5 – Seal it up
Continue rolling the joint into a cylindrical shape until you reach the top of the paper. When you reach the top, lick the glue strip and seal the joint. Just a little moisture is needed to close your joint paper up.
Step 6 – Twist & enjoy
Finally, twist the ends of the joint to seal it completely. And that’s it! You’ve now successfully rolled the perfect joint.
Different Ways to Roll a Joint
Now that you know how to roll a joint, it’s time to get creative! There are a variety of ways to roll joints, each with their own unique benefits.
For example, you can roll a cross joint, which is two joints rolled into one. This method is perfect for sharing with friends. Or you can try a tulip joint, which is a joint that’s been rolled into the shape of a tulip. Tulip joints burn slowly and evenly, making them perfect for enjoying over a long period of time.
There are endless possibilities when it comes to rolling joints, so get creative and have fun!
How to Roll a Cone Joint
One of the most popular ways to roll is the cone shaped joint. This style is easy to roll and provides a nice, slow burn. To roll a cone joint, simply follow these steps:
- Start by folding your rolling paper in half lengthwise. Then, using your finger, make a crease along the fold.
- After grinding your cannabis, fill the rolling paper with it, stopping about 1/2 inch from the top with one side more full than the other.
- Next, pack down the cannabis slightly and roll the paper up into a cylinder using your thumbs – be sure to keep the flower tightly packed!
- Once you have rolled the joint, tuck in the ends, lick the glue strip and seal it shut!
- Finally, twist the end of your paper and that’s it! You’re ready to light that baby up!
How to Roll a Cross Joint
Made popular by the infamous stoner movie Pineapple Express, cross joints quickly became a favourite amongst cannabis smokers. This method is perfect for sharing with friends for a special occasion and is sure to be a conversation starter! To learn how to roll a cross joint, follow our steps below:
- Start by rolling one big joint and one smaller joint. Make sure that the smaller joint is packed tighter than the bigger one.
- Next, poke a hole in the middle of your big joint and a small hole in the small joint. This is to ensure you get a proper draw after you put the small joint inside.
- Now, insert the small joint into the hole of the big joint and twist it to secure. This is where you will want to be extra careful not to tear the paper.
- Once your thin joint is in place, reinforce the holes by sealing it with rolling papers – cutting off the excess paper.
- Now it’s time to light her up with your smoking circle and enjoy!
How to Roll a Blunt
Now that you know how to roll a joint, it’s time to level up and perfect your blunts! A blunt is a large joint rolled using king sized papers, a cigar wrapper or hemp wrap. This method is perfect for those who enjoy a long, slow burn. You can even roll your blunt into a cone shape! To learn how to roll a blunt, follow our steps below:
- Start by grinding your cannabis.
- Open up your blunt paper and evenly spread your ground cannabis across the paper to ensure it will burn evenly. Pro tip: Place your wrap in between the pages of a book to flatten it – this will make rolling with it easier.
- When your ground cannabis is evenly dispersed, gently tap and pack down the flower tightly to ensure a smooth smoke. If you need more weed to fill your blunt – add it before you start packing.
- Using your thumbs, gently roll the joint up and down, solidifying its round shape.
- Once you have rolled your blunt towards the top of the paper, lick the adhesive coated side and seal it up!
And that’s it! You’ve now rolled a blunt worthy of sharing with your smoking buddies.
Tips for How to Roll a Joint On the Go
Now that you know how to roll a joint, it’s important to know how to do it on the go. Here are some tips and tricks for how to keep your rolling papers, cannabis and other supplies ready when you’re on the move:
- Pack your papers, filter tips and other rolling supplies in a small case or container. This will keep everything organized and within reach.
- If you’re using a grinder, make sure it’s a small one that can fit in your case. If you don’t have a grinder, consider pre-grinding your cannabis before you leave.
- Consider investing in a rolling tray. This will make the process much easier and less messy.
- Try to roll a joint ahead of time and sealing it in a plastic bag. This way, you can enjoy it whenever the mood strikes!
Now that you know how to roll a joint like a pro, it’s time to put your skills to the test. Gather your materials, light up and enjoy!
How to Light a Joint
Now that you know how to roll a joint, it’s time to learn how to light one! There’s many ways to do this, but any good ol’ lighter will do. It’s also a good idea to use hemp wick when possible! To learn how to light a joint, simply follow these steps:
- Start by cupping your hand around the joint, about an inch away from the end.
- Gently place the flame of your lighter on the cannabis and inhale at a steady pace. You want to move the flame around to evenly toast the weed – be careful not to hold the fire in one spot for too long as this can cause your joint to taste bitter.
- Continue to rotate the joint and inhale until the end is fully lit.
- Now it’s time to sit back, relax and enjoy your perfectly rolled joint!
There you have it! Now you know how to light your perfect joint every time.
Rolling a joint may seem daunting at first, but with a little practice you’ll be able to do it like a pro in no time. Be sure to experiment with different types of rolling papers and cannabis strains to find what works best for you. And most importantly, have fun! Rolling joints is a great way to enjoy cannabis with friends and make lasting memories. We hope that you enjoyed our complete guide for how to roll a joint and thanks for reading!